A little peek at what I'm working on.
the fabric from one of M Rosenberg fabric sales at Trumpington village
hall. She didn't know what she wanted - she just liked the fabric. I
suggested a loose tunic-y type top and she seemed happy with that so I
decided on the Burdastyle Anda pattern, mainly becuase I already had the
pattern printed out.
I realised that the smallest size
was much too big for Eldest, so had a fair crack at grading the pattern
down a couple of sizes. It is a very simple pattern, I'm not sure I'd
tackle anything more complicated! I think I went down to a 34 or 32.
pattern pieces were super long, and as we were thinking of a tunic, I
must have cut off over 30cm off the pattern piece. When it came to
laying out, I realised that this shortening of the dress/tunic left me
with just enough to make a top for me - yay!
Colette patterns Sorbetto,
it's free and it fitted on the piece of fabric. Having made a couple of Sorbetto's last year, I decided to lower the bust point by about 2cms. I have inverted the pleat, just for a something a bit different. I have bought some golden lace trim to possibley go around the neck, but I think less is more on this particular print! I have finished this and was planning to wear this at New Year. When I put it on, however, I felt that it made me look somewhat matronly - When I finish the tunic I will take some pictures of both tops and you can let me know what you think!
I started these both before New Year, but still have a lot to do on the tunic so hope that it will qualify for Pretty Grievances Jungle January