Since my first post I have:
- made a bag
- researched simple fabric flowers for primary school project
- refashioned a dress for the Mackenzie Frock Stars competition
- done lots of baking to keep the troops going whilst doing
- lots of ski-ing
- bought some material for me and for the project for the primary school
- picked up some samples of material for potential future sewing projects
This was made out of the same material as my Curtain Skirt (see previous post). I have shown both sides of the bag as the pattern is different for each. I have used the free Estelle pattern from the Burdastyle website. I found this very easy to put together, although it took me a few days, as I was fitting it in around other things. It is lined with a toning 100% polyester lining material:
I added some extra top stitching to the band around the bag and also to the handle straps. I think this bag turned out well and I have had several compliments about it. My youngest daughter is convinced that it is hers and at best I can share it with her!
Rather than make this a hugely long post, I shall tackle the fabric flowers in my next post.