Pages

Friday 29 July 2011

Mackenzie Frock Stars 2011

This time last year, I entered a competition local to the area we were living in in New Zealand, called Mackenzie Frock Stars, blogged here and here.

So this year I have a title to defend and I believe I am the only international entrant! I received a parcel about a month ago with my dress and all the competition details. Being unable to model the finished piece myself this year, I have made it to fit my friends 10 year old daughter, who has already volunteered to model it for me.

I had the dress on my dress form (nicknamed Lola after my friend and organiser of the Frock Stars comp) for a few days to inspire me and think I now have some ideas...

Here are some details:

and here is Eldest modelling the finished dress (she is the same age and similar size as my friends daughter)

I posted the parcel last week with a week to go before the closing date and managed get it there before some of the local contestants. There was a massive dump of snow recently, which meant several roads were closed and postal services were down - I must have just beaten the snow!

Final judging and the Fashion show is this weekend - can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. An amazing refashion Tamsin! I love the frilly neckline And what a graceful model (that madras check shirt suits her beautifully too).

    ReplyDelete