Pages

Friday 29 June 2012

FO: Stripey skirt, Simplicity 5564

AKA my 'homage' to Melizza's stripey Ginger.
 
Well, I started this skirt at the beginning of May, with high hopes that I would get it finished before the end of May, and be able to wear it for MMM12.  However, lack of interfacing, getting distracted by a Lydia top and finishing my Burda trousers and life in general, prevented this from happening.

As mentioned in my previous post,  I used a now out of print pattern (Simplicity 5564),

with the addition of pockets (from Simplicity 2451) a bit of fiddling and some ricrac(!).


I was debating whether to line it or not - I decided against it in the end, although if I want to extend its seasonal wear I'll have to make a slip.  I wore it for the first time on Saturday, with flesh colour fishnets (which I hope look better than they sound!) and even with these, my skirt was creeping up my legs.

So on to the photos:

An approximation of how I wore it on Saturday:


How I wore it the other day, shopping and school sports day:


Another combination:


Some details, the pockets and waistband:




the invisible zip:


matching stripes:




I love this skirt! I made it on a whim, and it is everything I wanted it to be, practical, comfortable (apart from the hook 'n' eye that needs to be reattached somehow) and stripey. Plus it will go with a number of my RTW tops.  Thanks for for the inspriation Melizza!








6 comments:

  1. Great job on those stripes! I really love your skirt! Oh! Your invisible zipper and the rick rack are awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stripe matching is perfect. What a versatile skirt and I do like the idea of flesh coloured fishnets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks awesome! Perfect stripe matching. The ric-rac was such a great touch. I hope you get as much wear of it as I do mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so pretty - I love the matching stripes and ricrac. I can imagine you will get a lot of wear out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful skirt. The details and stripe placement are so well done. Cool pockets too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this skirt, it's amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete