The first is the Jennifer Lauren Vintage Bronte Top. I first made this in 2015 in a lovely coral jersey and have really enjoyed wearing it. I bought some amazing light teal jersey with a brushed reverse, from a local shop that has since closed down. I remembered that I had wanted to lengthen the top the first time round, but had made a cutting error. This time was more successful and I had a lovely top pretty quickly. I think I have enough left over to make something else.
|picture nabbed from MMM16|
The new top used up some fabric that I bought sometime ago, with the aim of trying to recreate a dress from Cos that I had tried on:
Having noted how long the magpie version of this is, I reduced the length of the body (can't remember by how much) and reduced the depth of the band by half. It seemed like a lot, but was perfect. I started this one morning and amazingly for me, had it finished by the end of the school day - extraordinary what you can get done if you make a conscious decision not be distracted by other activities!
|on my way to a party|
|With the party girls husband|
Two very successful tops that have seen a lot of wear since they were made.